Friday, August 25, 2006

Monday - 21st of August!

ok, the week is over and its time for a new post here... which means that I have to try to remember what I did!! oh my... thats hard (maybe this little hangover today has something to do with that?) well... on uhhm Monday, I went to the Temple of Heaven. Its quite close to the Hostel, which means only 15 min. in the bus. Even though I had no clue where to leave the bus or how to recognise that I was there I was lucky and the bus driver gestured me to leave... didnt know if he just wanted to get rid of me first hehe... well, lucky me that I listened to him - it was the right exit! The Temple of Heaven was very interessting and had a beautiful park around it, so I enjoyed to escape the busy streets and noises and smells and whatever for a while... there were ton of Chinese people there (of course), and some of them just sat around and talked, played a funny cardgame where you have to do some VERY WEIRD yelling and shouting... and some others sat there alone or in groups and made chinese musik with a chinese intstrument.. which I am still desperately trying to figure out its name. It seems to be a crossing between a guittar and a violin, "nice" music though - really, just different that is!
After the Temple of Heaven I went to the Pearl market just across the street from it. No, I did not go there to buy pearls... basically just to look around at all the other stuff they sell... and well, couldn't resist the deep urge to spend some money on shockingly cheap stuff... so I got a new 2GB SD-Card for my camera... for about 13 Euros haahahahaha!! then I got a new headset for 2 and some other small stuff hehe. As you can see I spend a fortune... in Chinese views at least I did!
Then on Monday evening I had the greatest dinner ever at a really fancy Duck Restaurant. They had pics hanging there of George Bush, Gerhard Schroeder and quite some other people eating there... and it was veeeery expensive (in Chinese terms again that is!). Therefore they actually had a table cloth, napkins and chopsticks which were not for one-time-use only! I went there with Abby and Grant from Scotland, and together we shared a duck. This time we could really be sure that it actually was duck, since the cook brought the bird to our table to cut it in pieces there! very nice evening!
now, I spent quite some time on Monday, letz make it a quickie Tuesday! what did I do again?
oh... well, cant cut that short... gonna have to write it next time!! I will also upload some pictures when I get to Hong Kong... take care everybody!! (have added the pics now.. so no more here!)

No comments: