Wednesday, August 30, 2006

introduction ... to uhmm... Kindergarden??

Well... today was the first official thingy at the uni - the introduction for all the exchange students. There are about 230 of us, the largest group coming from mainland China, and - how could it be different - the second largest group from... Germany (where in the world can you get rid of those Germans??... its really a desease!) Well,.... after a never ending series of speaches from all kinds of heads of offices, professors... chairpersons and whatever... which took about 3 hours... we were invited to a campus tour... which most of us didnt do cause 1st of all it was waaay to warm to walk around the campus for ages and not to remember all the stuff anyways, and secondly we all got a campus map so we should be fine! so I went to buy some paper stuff for the uni and to select more classes, as almost all of hte ones I had chosen before were not offered this semester... so now I am actually taking Chinese, Airline management, visitor and service management and china hotel and tourism oh and another interessting one: tourism business, ethics and law. oh and meeting management. like most of them... just think its quite a lot... well, I will see how the workload is.
after that we had a "welcome party" organised by the what was it called? international club or something like this. it seemed to be typical chinese to play all kinds of funny games... however it was a quite "dry" party, with all the drinks being orange juice and tea of course... so we went on to a bar after the welcome party had ended at 8:30!!! went to a coffee bar... really cool.. they had the cutest pink couch and pink flowers and I wore a matching pink shirt and so I just thought it was very nice!!! haha
well it was really cool because Fiona and I went there with our buddy Warning and Pete's buddy Cissy and so we learned a lot of new stuff aobut china and the culture and some chinese and a chinese song... and just had a lot of fun!!
oh and well, one stupid thing happened this week, totally forget to write it, actually not very interessting for you but devasting for me: I accidentally deleted the "my music" folder on my computer with all the music and movies in it which I had downloaded throughout the last like 5 years or so... so now I am just downloading some chilli peppers... little compensation so far!! :(
oh and I got my name written in chinese, and since all the signs have meanings here, I found out that my name actually means "song" ... is there any connection to the music folder? did I actually delete myself? hmm.... ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Claudia!

I just read your last two blogs! Wow, you are doing a lot. It is really weird to read your exciting stories. A few months ago you were studying in Breda and now you are thousands of miles away wandering around the streets with a 25kg backpack :D

A "dry" party? Lol, they didn't serve Malibu milk?? ;-)
Did you check your garbage bin to see if your music and movies are still in there? Navigate to: start, click on the right of your mouse, click on explorer and somewhere on the bottom you can find the bin. You can take the files out of this bin, just click on the right of your mouse and select put back. Good luck, hopefully the files are still on your pc!

I look forward to your next story!

Groetjes x karliene

Claudia said...

Hey Karliene,
thanks for your comment!! well, no Malibu milk here but I also dont really long for it that much ;)
and yes of course I checked the garbage bin... but the problem was that it didnt go in there, cuz the folder was too big... and cause of that the stupid computer asked me if I wanted to delete it irretreavable right way - so I can not get it back whatsoever. well... shit happens!
just noticed that I wrote the last block last week sometime... so I guess I will write a new one maybe tonight!!
take care and good luck in Den Haag!!