Wednesday, October 04, 2006

September 18th until 26th!

allright here we go... I am getting too lazy about writing here and now I have to catch up quite a while! So I sit here, have 20 min. time and rummage through my memory in order to remember what actually happened...
uni got busy - which means that I actually had to start working on some stuff.... a project on how the Singaporean Government influences the Tourism development there was quite interessting while an essay on social problems caused by the gambling industry in macau was well... not so interessting to say the least.
I went to a horse race in Happy Valley. Now you will surely say what?? a horse race? how booooring! but failed by far: horse racing is THE spectator sport in Hong Kong, and since the Chinese love to gamble - which is not allowed in Hong Kong - they do bet on Horses! there is thousands of people and our StudiVZ group in the middle. Even though we lost our bets (or I did at least) there was this funny indian guy standing right behind us who won a fortune there.... so he oviouly thought that this was reason for celebrating and he brought some pints of beer to share with us! Never seen the guy again after that but that was also not our aim.... but the beer was good!! ;)
allright - for those who've seen this post earlier - from here on is the new stuff which I couldnt write this morning...
on Friday the 22nd it was time to check out another place to party into Dennis' (StudiVZ) birthday and to have a good bye party for Tine we went to the Aqua bar, located on the 20somthingth floor of a building basically on the tip of Kowloon. Its the BEST view on the harbour ever and with some cocktails, an amazing view and good music we danced the night away...
the next day, I had signed up for a City Orienteering Tour - like a scaventure hunt - Schnitzeljagt for the Germans - throughout Hong Kong. Besides Hong Kong Island and Kowloon, it was the first time for me to go to the New Territories - the northern part of Hong Kong, where we went to Tai Po, Fanling and Yuen Long. Beauuuutiful area! I am so anxious to go hiking there once the weather is not as hot anymore...
so... maybe I'll have time tonight or sometime these days to let u know about my weekend trip to Shanghai, Hangzhou and Anji.. from which I just got back... now I gotta go to class again - Tourism business, ethics and law *puke* ....

No comments: