Wednesday, October 11, 2006

... on beautiful Temples, exessive parties and suuuuch goooood fooooood!

So, getting back from the weekend trip a week ago and now starting a busy week, with - what else - a bunch of classes on Wednesday and trying to ignore the workload! And what was the date on Wednesday??? riiiight - the 4th of October! and what does that mean? oh oh ohhh yeahhh.... gettin' a year older and wiser tomorrow!! So I partied into my B-day in the Les Visages, with all my friends over here from Uni and the StudiVZ group. I guess we all had a blast! It was definately one of the greatest b-days ever, with a lot of vodka-coke, life music and this black hot guy on stage rapping my name into his song at midnight (hmmm...yummy!) (<-- thats the drinks, not the guy ;) - maybe) And I was so happy that so many people came, even Warning, my local buddy here came!! Thanks everybody for the great time, I'll surely remember that for a long time!! oh and I got such cute presents!! A new bag (yeahhh!!), a traditional moon-cake!

The next day woke up, and as usual, swung my legs out of bed to sit down in front of the notebook to check my mails.... ufff... a whole lot of them for my bday!! yeiii.... and I also got some ancient style real paper mail! yippiiii.... I met up with Megan to go to the 10,000 budda monestary in Sha Tin. Before goin there we decided to treat ourselves to a typical Hong Kong meal: Dim Sum! wow was that delicious in this kinda upscale Restaurant in the Festival Walk Mall in Kowloon Tong. And I hadnt seen that mall before - it was huge! and definately one of the greatest malls I've ever seen. You could seriously get everything there. So, afterwards Megan treated me some original Ben & Jerry's ice cream, kind chokolate therapy, there for my bday! yummmmmy!
And then we finally made it to Sha Tin. The monestary was so gorgeous! we climbed roughly 400 stairs, lined with golden buddas on each side up to the top of the monastary, taking way too many pics along the way of the statues and the natural surroundings. it totally seemed like a tropical place, and there were - for some unknown secret reason - barely any tourists there, what made it even more enjoyable. After staying there for about 2 hrs. we made our way back down, went past the IKEA (yeah know I know where it is.... and *proudly* I even resisted to go in!) back to the train... to make our way to Hong Kong Island.
Arriving there we took the Vicotria Peak tram up, which is an old tram car that is pulled up to the top in quite a steep angle just by a cable. And even though I'd already been there and basically went again to show it to Megan, the view is just THE VIEW of the city. I guess I could go up there every single night and I would still be stunned...
after an adventurous mini bus ride down (damn it I'd never heard breaks sqeek so loudly), we took the escalator to SoHo and enjoyed another special dinner in a mexican restaurant. Yummy fajitas and Chilean red wine. a great day, gorgeous, amazing, wonderful - just perfect! but guess what - it hadn't endet yet! We went back by ferry (Megan being astouned by the view, me almost being used to it (though you will never totally be), then I made the way home and - just after coming in, *knock - knock*, Claudia opens the door, the light goes off and Fi and Mandy come in with a little cake, lit by a candle and singing happy birthday! oh what a nice surprise! Thank you guys for the gift, I'll use it on special occasions only to make sure it lasts for looooong!!

No comments: