Friday, October 20, 2006

the last days...

hey guys... just few words on the last days here and tonight!
since I wrote last time, I dont know exactly what all happened but it was loads and so just some stuff that comes to my mind now!
First of all - I know - how awful - I am thinking about food first - unbelievable! Well, but this was special! the StudiVZ group and I went to a great dinner together: we went to the "Biergarten" (beergarden), which is - for the non Germans, a VERY typical german thing! however, here it is not an actual beer garden, just a restaurant. but still great as it offers real Bitburger beer from the tap and they serve real german food... so I had Frikadellen with Kartoffelsalat (German meatballs with potato salad--> sounds so bad in English, doenst it?), and the guys (typical Schwaben) were happy with their Käsespätzle and Wurstsalat! yummmy
another night we went for an indian dinner which was also great... anyways
what else happened?
uni stuff... becuase I am sure due to my reports you guys must all think I am just lazy here... doing nothing but partying and traveling? and that is SO TRUE! but I squeeze in some time for uni.. and lately I had to do more and more since I really gotta at least pass my classes here...
two weeks ago I had my first exam: Chinese!! uhh uhh... I was quite scared... the pronunciation is so hard and even though I learned all the vocabulary I still can sometimes not distinguish teh difference between a x and a q and the zh and ch sounds... but well, the exam went good in perfect cooperation with Julia and we both did really quite well *surprise-surprise*
and I had to hand in an ugly essay about the influence of gambling on residents of Macau with all the ethical stuff in it... yuck... so annoying to write... but well,.. I got a B+ Yippiieeee.. and since I worked for a D I am overly happy with that!
Well, thats not the end yet. just handed in another assignment today and the projects are going on.
we went on a fieldtrip to Sai Kung in the north-eastern part of HongKong which was really very nice and interessting.
and between all that? well.... some parties of course and: more travel plans... so next week I will actually go to guilin with David and Markus! We'll (hopefully) make it there on Wednesday and return to HK the Tuesday after. And no, I have no holiday but I take it ;)
and then finally about today: Sara, Christina, Suzanne, Julia, Laura and I were invited to a hot pot evening at Queenies house, she is also German but lives here at her grannys place. That was so cool. and yummy... and I am still stuffed!! It was just great to see a real Hong Kong home and be there and we did have a lot of fun. Singing all the way back on the bus I guess we must have done everything possible to establish a judgement of weird foreigners in the other people on the bus... and the driver... but well... it was fun.
Tomorrow I will *sportive* go hiking in the New territorries. I mean, its not that we had a lot of experience hiking or that we would have a hiking map with the trails... but we will just make our way!! ;) so now I gotta go to bed! c ya all...

No comments: