Tuesday, August 07, 2007

...catching up on July!

oops... its been a month again since I wrote last... welllll... there goes my discipline (read: scatterbrain) and my good intentions (read: forgetfulness) and 4 weeks have passed like nothing.

During the weeks I've been working quite a lot, already cumulated quite some extra-hours that I can take days off for sometime... So far (and I guess it'll stay like that) my internship has been just great. Of course, first days are as they usually go. On my fist day, my placement coordinator, Kristian, showed my around the public (land-side) area of the aiport, both public terminals, the general aviation terminal (GAT) , and the Cargo buildings, the hangars, the visitors and administration area... we did quite a lot of driving and then walked around the grounds for about 4 hours in the afternoon! I seriously thought I'd never find a single place back again, and if I did I would certainly never get back out of this jungle! I really thought it couldnt get any more, but there was the next day - when I got my security pass... so we could go airside, to the non-public-area, I went into the hangars then... and we walked for the whole day over the apron (= Vorfeld in German)... got to have a drink in the Emirates First Class Lounge which is seriously just like a 5 star hotel, just missing the bedrooms! hmm... of course I was introduced to never ending amounts of people... only few of whom I remembered. I was shown 'my' office also! I sit in an office only with Tania, who is responsible for the promotion areas througout the airport. I've got a huge desk, with computer and phone of course but we also share a fax, printer and scanner just with the two of us! by now I got to know her better of course and we really get a long well!
My supervisor at the FMG (airport authority) is really nice, but quite a weird little dwarf also... talks without an end.. never actually heard him talk about anything else than airlines, airports, aviation-personnel... etc.... just last week he tried to give me some advice for my leisure time in munich, telling me to go to the 'flyaway' - a party every tuesday which supposedly is visited by 90% of airline/airport personnel only! pfff... FREEAAAAK I think, but I get along with him!! (actually if I hadnt known better I would say he just jumped out of the latest harry potter... a bit of a mix of a houseelf and Mr. Weasly (just leave away the red hair, and replace it with no hair at all) hahaha... pheeeeewwww... now I gotta make sure not to let him know about my blog :P

anyways, enough of work! I've also met quite a few people here in munich, all through the StudiVZ, a german student network. Have gone to the movies three times.. seen Harry Potter 5(of course), then 'Transformers' in the Sneak, of which I was very positively surprised, and finally 'THA SIMPSOOONSSSS' ... that was simply hilarious! 'I'm here to leaaaad - not to reaaad' hahaha..pffff... if you havent seen it yet: GO, and remember to watch the trailer also ;)
last weekend then I went to the olympiapark on Sat where I met up with some people for some beers in the beergarden (you gotta love 'em!) and sunday met up with a bunch of guys in the 'Englischer Garten' (largest park in Europe actually!) for some more beers... :D ... then yesterday met up with a friend again... and today I'm taking a Beer-break :P, to start through tomorrow on the weekly cracker-barrel (Stammtisch) with the StudiVZ people!

soo... thats it for now... today I finally finished (so sad) the last (is it really?) Harry Potter book. Its been the best so far I think... loved and hated it... totally nerv racking, fascinating... an absolute page-turner! So now I'll go and start my next book 'Millionär' from Tommy Jaud!

good night...

No comments: