Sunday, March 18, 2007

philosophies....

I truely, seriously believed that I know the basic grounds of this world... or at least what is going on in this western part of Europe... but evidence proves otherwise this weekend in Breda's We-cob.straat...hmmm...

.... maybe it is just because I've had a quite busy week... with working double shifts almost every day and managing a full-time study besides...

... or maybe it is becuase Antoinette and I have given it yet another try to maintain a diet (this time consisting of no more than veggies, fruit and magere (no-fat) yoghurt) for the whole weekend... - mozarella of course doesn't count, as that would cause some serious Entzugserscheinungen (withdrawal sypmtoms such as halucinations, fever and shaking)....

... whatever it is, something just causes my lovely roommate to go through a very philosophical phase... and so I have to endure her asking extremely vital questions that might have answers to save the world. Yesterday the traumatized me with 'How many cucumbers do you think I or you or actually anyone else eats in his/her life?'.... and after trying to find the most truthfull answer to this (X = 1,472 per week x 52 weeks x sum of years lived)... today I had find the meaning in this life through 'I wonder what might happen to all those read and unread 'Metro' and 'Spits' newspapers you can get in train stations etc. at the end of the day... as there are always new ones every morning!?'... this horrifyingly reminded me of Paul Gaugin, and a question he already found no answer to at the end of the 19th century with 'Where do we come from? What are we? Where are we going?' ... well, with some colorful oil he put his thoughts on canvas....maybe that would be the solution to this somewhat weird weekend....

... it definately is a quite philosophical one!

No comments: